RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
A 35% non-refundable reservation deposit is required on every booking
If canceled or modified 30 days or less before date of arrival, the total price of the reservation will be charged as a penalty.
In case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
We reserve the right to relocate our guests in case of emergency to similar accommodations within our own portfolio first. If for any reason the guest is dissatisfied with their accommodations upon check-in, the host will be given reasonable amount of time to make amends or relocate the guest. If the guest is still not satisfied after amends or relocation, no refund can be issued as at this point the host will have lost the opportunity to book another guest in the unit.
Please check every drawer and cupboard carefully before you depart to ensure you have all your belongings. Don’t forget to look under the beds. If you get home and find you have left something behind, call or email to let us know. We will package the item/items up and let you know the cost of sending them so you can decide if you wish to have them returned. Unless you wish them sent urgently, we will wait until we are scheduled to visit the post office, so you are not charged for our care- taker’s time and mileage to make a special trip. We will either charge the credit card we have on file or ask for a PayPal payment prior to dispatching the package.
We don’t like to make claims on damages but if our cleaning staff has to spend additional time above and beyond their allocated hours, to make the property ready for our next guests, we will charge for the additional time. Please note that any damage that occurs to the property during your stay these damages will be itemized to you via email and will be charged to you using the credit card we have on file where reasonable. We don’t expect you to fix a pre-existing plumbing issue, but if you use brute force and break a door knob or faucet then we have no choice but to claim a reasonable amount for repair of such damages.
Failure of essential and non-essential appliances and facilities
Please let us know immediately if there is any equipment that is not operating correctly. We will make every reasonable effort to have repairs made as soon as possible; however, there are limited service contractors in our areas, particularly on evenings or weekends. If a breakdown should occur to fundamental elements such as water systems, plumbing and electrical systems, and major appliances such as stove or refrigerator, every effort will be made to repair or replace, or an appropriate refund will be made for the inconvenience caused. No reduction of rent, rebate, or refund will be issued for a mechanical failure of non essential appliances including but not limited to dishwasher, washer, dryer, entertainment systems or hot tub.
Occupancy of the property is restricted to the person making this reservation and his or her guests in accordance with the maximum occupancy rules of the unit. If you are unclear of the maximum occupancy please call ahead. The Rental Applicant is considered to be the Lead Renter and will assume full responsibility for all members of the Rental Group throughout the rental period. Information or instructions relating to this rental will be communicated to the Rental Applicant only and not to any third-party member of the Rental Group.
Condition of the Property
The Property will have been inspected prior to occupation and therefore The Renter undertakes to:
- Notify The Owner immediately with regard to any damage and/or maintenance issues that require attention.
- Keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings, chattels and effects in or about the Property in the same state of repair and condition as found at the commencement of the Rental.
- Where a cleaning service is provided; The Renter shall follow the departure instructions provided by The Owner.
- Where a cleaning service is not provided; The Renter shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Failure to do so to the satisfaction of The Owner will result in an additional damage/cleaning charge being levied.
If a breakdown should occur to fundamental elements such as water systems, plumbing and electrical systems, and major appliances such as stove or refrigerator, every effort will be made to repair or replace, or an appropriate refund will be made for the inconvenience caused. This does not apply to system breakdown caused by misuse, such as plumbing blockages caused by inappropriate use of sanitary facilities. The Owner is not liable, nor will provide a refund, for any stoppage of electrical services caused by extreme weather or other circumstances beyond his control. Similarly, there will be no refunds for inclement weather, changes in water levels, conditions at neighboring properties, or any nuisance afforded by the natural elements of the location such as flying insects or the animal population.
A Reservation will be confirmed by The Owner once this document has been agreed to and accepted by the rental applicant and initial or full payment has been processed. For reservations of one week or more, if the reservation is made 45 days or more before the rental commences, an initial rental deposit payment of 35% of the rental fee will be due at the time of booking. If a reservation is made less than 45 days before the rental commences, or the reservation is less than a full week’s duration, the full rental fee must be paid at the time of booking. In the event of a reservation not being accepted by The Owner, all fees paid will be refunded immediately. Any booking made within 10 days of the start of the rental period must be paid in full by credit card, certified check or money order at the time of booking. No reservation may commence without full payment being cleared. Once a reservation is received and accepted by The Owner, The Renter is liable for payment of the balance of the rental fee 45 days before occupation of the property. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Smoking inside the properties or units is strictly prohibited and punishable by a $250 cleaning fee which will be charged to the guest credit card we have on file. Guests are free and welcome to smoke on terraces, balconies and exterior areas.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illnesses or death caused, to person or property of The Renter, his/her family, or guests, before during or after the time of occupancy that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. The Renter represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees with The Owner that he/she will use the Property and its facilities in accordance with The Terms and Conditions above and the Information provided and that he/she does so at his/her own risk and that he/she indemnifies and saves. Further, he/she accepts full responsibility for the use of the Property and any recreational equipment such as boats and motors, etc. and agree to pay for any damage of said equipment, other than for nor- mal wear and tear. The Renter further acknowledges he/she is responsible for ensuring all Boating Regulations are observed, including having required safety equipment in the watercraft, as well as meeting current Operator Competency Requirements.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
- Only use appliances for their intended uses
- Your furry family members are welcome, at a nominal pet fee. If any damage occurs due to your pets stay with us please expect to pay for any remedies with the credit card we have on file. If you are going out for the day and leaving your pet in the home, please ensure that the proper care measures are taken. Leave enough food and water and a bathroom pad in place.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. If you take anything please expect to pay for it.
- Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
- The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a “Tropical
Storm/Hurricane Warning area” and/or
- A “mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurri-
cane Warning” area of residence of a vacationing guest.
- The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning,” area, we will refund:
◦ Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period.
We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.